Monday, December 15, 2008

Outlasting a greyhound

Here is one of the only pictures I have of myself on the Breast Cancer 3 day walk:


Also featured in the photo is my personal support crew. It was an amazing event, that I think I will participate in again in 2009. Obviously Breast cancer is a personal health concern to me, as well as something I council patients about on a daily basis. I met a great friend on the walk, who is keeping up with her own training and putting me to shame. So Jennifer, if your reading, we're still a team!


So in order to improve my own health, and to appear less hypocritical to my patients, I went for a run with my dog today. I estimate that I ran half of the distance and walked the other half. My greyhound, Stella, came along for emotional support and did well in her role. By wearing herself out she made me feel that perhaps I wasn't as out of shape as I feared. (Of course, greyhounds are sprinters, not distance runners, and granted I'm not a cat or a bunny) Although it wasn't a marathon, it was a start.


Anyway, I'm proud of myself, and I'm hoping to keep it up.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

WooHoo!
I need to send you photos of the walk. So sorry I haven't done that yet...