Tuesday, December 9, 2008

One year ago today . . .







I gave birth to my darling Jewel at 3:02 in the morning. I did it without medication, without medical technology or prying eyes or hands. I did it with dignity and courage and love and the assistance of a few other loving family members. I did it in the privacy of my own home. It was just the way I wanted it to be.

Then, we had the most wonderful snuggle in our own bed, followed by a feast of a breakfast with the entire family in attendance to help us celebrate. I sat at the table, with my new babe in my arms, feeling a little tired, but mostly in awe of the wonderful new life among us. Thrilled to feel physically well after such an amazing travail.

Today we sang to her and I held her close. She has a cold today and doesn't feel well. Saturday we will have a small celebration of her first year earthside. I'm so grateful for her and so happy to be her Mommy. It's wonderful.






Tonight's bedtime snack:


Sleeping belle:

1 comment:

Joann said...

Awwwwwwwwww.

Too, too sweet.