Sunday, May 18, 2008

Remember I said I'd been inspired?

Well, the sewing machine fairy (aka my Mom, Joann) came to my house last night. She brought a new singer sewing machine. It has amazing new details. Things that may have become standard sometime in the last fifty years since my old machine was manufactured. I'm sure it was state of the art, at the time, but wow! I love all the touches this new machine has.

Anyway, I've completed my first project. It is a wall hanging for my niece Mariah. It is my prototype for one I plan to make to hang in the kids' playroom at home. I'm probably a little more proud of it than I should be:






The yellow in the back ground is the new color in our now lovely kitchen :)
Here is the M up close:



And the tassel at the tip:

So, although I took the inspiration from somewhere else, I did completely design this little flag on my own. My next idea is to sew a superhero cape for SuperLiam and then perhaps the fantastic flag I'm planning for our play room.

No comments: