Friday, March 5, 2010

Maybe it wasn't the first block?

I found another whirligig tutorial at Quilting on Turtle Hill, and made a block from it. Here are the two side by side:

The first is from yesterday, the second is from this morning. Which one do you like better? Can you even tell a difference (besides the fabric)? There is a bit more angle to the whirl in the second one. Maybe, I'm nit-picking, but I think the second one has a bit more movement. And movement is what I'm after in this next quilt.

I have to say, Man, I love the internet. I'm learning so much from quilting and design blogs, that would have taken me years or decades to discover otherwise. Without a local quilting mentor, I would have really floundered and probably given up. But thanks to all the wise women willing to share, I think I'm making considerable progress with my art. So, THANKS!

Yesterday Jewel felt a bit cuddly when I needed to be up and about. She got so cuddly while I was holding her that I thought the sling might be the thing. So here we are:

She was quite happy to ride around with me while I did my chores.



4 comments:

Carmen said...

wish i had more time, so we can be crafty....
I love your quilts, you have to teach me soon!

Jenny Ward McDonald said...

I'd LOVE a sewing buddy. I wouldn't think I have much to teach, but it would be fun to figure it out together :)

Carmen said...

you are so prodactive....i love the checkbook cover, i just wished i had more time on hand and a babysitter...lol

Anonymous said...

Hooray for babywearing! :-)
~Carrie @ Oh Baby O