Monday, November 10, 2008

We did it!

Thanks to everyone who helped us across the finish line. As much as I hyped the 3 Day Walk, I feel badly that I haven't written about the actual event. Believe it or not, the closest thing I can liken it to is natural childbirth. It left me feeling like I could do anything. My mother, Joann, and I raised over $3000 between the two of us. As a group, the Atlanta Breast Cancer 3 Day raised 8.3 Million Dollars! That much money was raised by regular people like you and me. Astounding! Friends of ours walked in the San Francsico 3 Day, which raised over 5 Million Dollars (it was the first year in that city). Can you imagine?

I made a great friend on the walk, also named Jennifer. She and I cheered eachother on, remenicsed about Atlanta hotspots of the 1990s, and played games to get eachother through the tough miles. 20 miles, three days in a row is no joke, folks. It hurt! But we did it. I can't speak for her, but I got the impression that Mom's job as 3 day crew member was at least as hard as my job as a walker.

Last minute planner that I am, I didn't bring a camera. So as soon as I get photos from other people, I will post them. It was truly an amazing event, and a great example of how regular people like us can change the world.

Never doubt yourself, or your ability to make change in the world.

No comments: